Sunday, February 24, 2008


I know - I haven't blogged for awhile! Hope you guys are doing well! :) Well, it was my birthday a couple of weeks ago - and it was a lovely one! *smiles* It's amazing how fast birthdays seem to come these days! I had a couple of lovely surprises and these new cookbooks *claps* are part of them! They were from thoughtful friends who gave them to me - I'm touched! :)

For years (and I dont think Im exaggerating!) I have been waiting to get my hands on Nigella Lawson's "How to be a Domestic Goddess" book. For some reason or another, I never got around to getting it. So as eager as a child that opens a block of chocolate, so was I with this book! Pages and pages of delicious desserts, treats that will no doubt widen your hips but, provide many many moments of pure delight, lay before me.

Each recipe is written with a lot of enthusiasm and fun! Now, I just need to decide which one to try!

Another sweet friend of mine gave me the above book - it was so thoughtful - it was the perfect addition to my cooking library! Gosh, talk about varieties of cookies, this one will create jars and jars of delicious crispy treats for all ages, tastebuds and moods! I can't wait to try them out!


***Small announcement!!!***
A couple of weeks ago, my colleague enquired if I would bake a Birthday cake for his grandmother who was turning 90. I couldn't believe I was actually getting a proper order!!!

It has been so fun so far - it's going to be a square cake for about 80 serves. They requested for a fruit cake, and I'm going to cover it with fondant and decorate it with roses and ribbon :) I'll post the photos up as soon as it is ready - it won't be for another month - but stay tuned!!! :)

2 comments:

Climmie said...

I can't believe you are baking an 80 serve cake!! are you getting special cake tins?!

sooo impressive - maybe it's time to quit your day job, evidently there are more fun ways to make money! =)

Anonymous said...

i finally updated pics lol..*yay*